Online 10 -12 December
Held at the end of the year that has been challenging, disruptive and transformative in so many ways, MyData Online 2020 will look beyond the immediate inclinations of the pandemic and its health, economic, social and digital implications to put technology and data into rescue.
Held 10 – 12 of December the MyData Online 2020 will help unleash the enormous potential of innovations based on personal data. It will highlight the existing cases and provide opportunities to build cross-sectoral international collaborations and boost future developments in the area of human-centric data sharing.
WHAT IS MYDATA?
MyData is a global community of people working towards human-centric data economy:
Covers all sectors; Business, Legal, Tech and Society,
Gathers activists of a human-centric data economy,
Brings together thought leaders of a human-centric data economy,
Provides platform for innovators in tech of a human-centric data economy.
Friday 11th December. 08.45 - 10.15 (UTC+0)
Session: From Strategy to Practice – Data Intermediaries in the EU
- To highlight key elements of MyData Operators and aspects of the EU Data Strategy for making intermediary models realistic.
- To investigate the alignment of the EU Data Strategy with theoretical models and spur a discourse about the necessary steps for creating legal, technological and market conditions to support the emergence of data intermediaries in practice.
Session host: Zohar Efroni and Nikolaos Laoutaris
- Dr. Arianna, Rossi, SnT, University of Luxembourg
- Prof. Max, von Grafenstein, University of the Arts (UdK), Berlin
- Marco, Melia, Researcher at Politecnico di Torino (PIMCity Main research)
- Yvo, Volman, Data Policy and Innovation Director at DG CONNECT EU (TBC)
10 - 12 June 2020
“Towards a sustainable governance of the Internet”
PIMCITY will present a paper at EURODIG "Innovation and economic issues" Track (WS8)
Update on EuroDIG2020
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
As Italy is taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the country, and traveling is advised to be avoided until further notice, we are preparing for the possibility of holding EuroDIG2020 as an online meeting. The Secretariat, together with the partners and the hosts have agreed not to postpone or cancel the event, as our aim is to facilitate important discussions on community-sourced topics in a timely manner.
The final decision if EuroDIG can be held as a face-to-face event or fully online will be taken in a few weeks. In the meantime, we are looking into the technical circumstances and online infrastructure, while preparing the Org Teams for the scenario of an online meeting. (Sign up to become part of an Org Team on the EuroDIGWiki).
This webinar is organised by the BDVA, the BDVe project and the EC as a first event in a of events and workshops related to the EU big data platform projects that are funded under the umbrella of the European Big Data Value PPP. The aim of this webinar is to start identifying synergies and to learn how different projects will address key data collection, sharing, integration, and exploitation challenges.
This webinar is dedicated to the cluster of data platform projects that address industrial data. The projects that will present their ambitions and first insights are DataPorts, I3-Market, OpertusMundi, and TheFSM.
The webinar is organized as an introductory sequence of presentations from projects (ca. 20 minutes each), followed by a moderated Q&A session involving the webinar participants.
- Yury Glikman, Head of Open Service Engineering Group, Fraunhofer FOKUS & Coordinator of DataVaults project
- Marco Mellia, Full Professor, Politecnico di Torino & Coordinator of PIMCITY project
- Juan Carlos Pérez, Research Analyst at Atos Research and Innovation & Project Director of KRAKEN project